Industrial Truck Operator
Responsible for operating and maintaining industrial trucks in order to move equipment around a warehouse or from one point to another.
- Operate industrial trucks or tractors.
- Use trucks to move material around warehouse or construction site.
- Operate mobile, power-driven vehicle used to carry, push, pull, lift, stack, or tier material.
- May drive high lift trucks, counterbalanced trucks, cantilever trucks, rider trucks, forklift trucks; high lift trucks, high lift platform trucks; low lift trucks, low lift platform trucks; motorized hand trucks, pallet trucks; narrow aisle rider trucks, straddle trucks; reach rider trucks; single side loader rider trucks; high lift order picker rider trucks; motorized hand/rider trucks.
- Move heavy crates, drums, and boxes.
- Move levers and pedals to slip forks under pallets or skids.
- Move pallets from once place to another.
- Use scoops to pick up loose material.
- Lift boxes into air and stack them on top of other boxes.
- Use tow bars to pull small trailers.
- Estimate distances accurately.
- Clean and maintain vehicle.
- Inventory materials on work floor.
- Lubricate truck, recharge batteries, or fill fuel tank.
- Use devices such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel-hook, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment.