Locations Job Description Summary
Responsible for ensuring the stability and reliability of production processes in areas of responsibility. Deliver safety, quality and productivity improvements through project based activities, and reduce operating costs.
Manage KPI's, including Output ('Line Shift Average') and Scrap, to achieve the highest level of quality and the lowest possible cost.
Ensure preventative actions are taken to maximize success.
Model the use of Continuous Improvement tools to solve problems and improve manufacturing operations.
- Support production on continuous basis working with Value Stream team, technical resources, and production Associates to ensure production processes are stable, capable and achieving production targets
- Initiate and complete activities which improve Safety and Quality, increase efficiency and capacity, and reduce costs
- Manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), specifically Output ('Line Shift Average') and Waste ('Scrap')
- Attend daily Board Walks; collect and provide information to make problems visible and align resources to address them
- Investigate production and process issues providing technical support and training as required
- Respond to breakdown escalations
- Support Mechanics, Technicians, and Set-Ups
- Monitor and report on down time and possible trends
- Develop appropriate Preventative Maintenance plans for equipment and processes under your responsibility
- Plan and organize 'non-routine' maintenance, ensuring minimum loss of production
- Support and lead Continuous Improvement, problem solving and process improvement activities (including Blitz's)
- Work closely with Quality Department to ensure product and process quality meets required specifications
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard work instructions
- Design fixtures and tooling for assembly tasks
- Assist with shop floor layout and cell designs. Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout
- Prepare comprehensive machine specification to be used for the purchase of off-site procured equipment and machinery; liaise with vendors during fabrication, installation and debugging
- Provide assistance in developing departmental budgets and writing capital requests
- Complete acceptance testing of new equipment and machines
- Write reports and present progress at Value Stream meetings
- Be an effective team member, working with supervisor and colleagues to ensure smooth workflow with maximum output
- Interact with plant, division and corporate management and engineers.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering preferred.
- Manufacturing process improvement experience (preferably in high speed medical device manufacturing).
Desired but not required:
- 5+ yrs. manufacturing experience.
- Application of Quality System requirements to new and modified operations/procedures.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodology
- Knowledge of Poke Yoke ('error proofing')
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
- Medical device manufacturing experience.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, SAP, CAD, MS Project, Minitab.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing.
- Understand Preventative and Predictable Maintenance concepts.
- Supervision over support personnel assigned for project completion.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Holdrege
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 8am-5pm (United States of America)