|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Account Manager-National Group Sales|
|Job Location(s):||Omaha, NE|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||High School or Equivalent|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Hospitality/Hotel/Resort, Sales - Inside, Management and Supervision|
* Proactive account management, maintaining mostly telephonic relationships with each account's key buyers and intermediaries.
* Utilize sales and negotiation skills to close on the business
* Establish and maintain complete and up-to-date information on each account in SFA to ensure accurate reporting. This includes a thorough understanding of the account's needs, buying processes, history, plans, issues, organizational structure and strategies.
* Builds and maintains business relationships with key buying influences.
* Responds to customer inquiries/requests in a timely manner. Focuses on ways to improve overall buying processes with emphasis on "ease of doing business".
* Qualifies each business opportunity and suggests Marriott products which are in line both with customer needs as well as hotel's business needs.
* Monitors, updates and communicates lead status with customers and internal sales channels.
* Performs consistently in the area of sales, meeting production goals each period/quarter/annually.
* Proactively identifies new accounts and opportunities to grow account base and meet production expectations.
* Manages direct reporting responsibilities of Sales Coordinators. This includes managing day to day needs, providing performance feedback (LPP) as coach and mentor in developing skills and addresses performance issues accordingly.
* Keeps Leadership informed of trends, opportunities, market changes as needed.
* Responsible for assuming additional reasonable responsibilities as requested by management.
- Demonstrates selling skills e.g. objectives, benefits, features.
- Relates customer needs to product capabilities.
- Is an effective closer".
- Excellent selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can bring a sale to closure
- Possess excellent telephone sales skills
- Effective skills to up sell products and services
- Ability to implement successful sales strategies for multiple properties
- Effective decision making skills
- Possesses strong proactive and strategic sales skills
Education or Certification
High School diploma or equivalent
Associate degree (AA) from 2 year college and/or two to three years of related experience or training
Bachelor's degree (BA) preferred or
Equivalent combination of education and experience
Hotel management training and sales training desired
English language both written and spoken